Undergraduate students at Rutgers–New Brunswick are encouraged to apply for membership to LSAMP. As an LSAMP Scholar, underrepresented student groups (i.e. Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American/Alaskan, Pacific Islander) have access to resources that support their goal of completing a degree in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Be an undergraduate student at Rutgers–New Brunswick
- Major or intend to major in an NSF approved STEM discipline
- Be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Funding for supervised research experience in your area of interest(s) at Rutgers and other national and international institutions
- Travel funding to attend conferences and academic competitions
- Opportunities for careers and support for graduate school
- Earn stipends for serving as a peer mentor, tutoring other LSAMP students, and more
- Gain qualifications for the Bridge to the Doctorate program
The LSAMP application for membership is currently open. Students will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Please note for consideration in the Spring Semester:
- Graduating seniors are not eligible to apply for membership in the Spring (excluding seniors who are a part of a 5-year master's program)