LSAMP is committed to supporting all current scholars who are interested in pursuing post-graduate studies. We are happy to announce that the Garden State LSAMP will host a National Science Foundation Bridge to the Doctorate program at Rutgers University–Newark.
B2D will support a cohort of twelve (12) graduate students from LSAMP programs around the U.S. who are pursuing doctoral studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs beginning in Fall 2020. This is a unique program that tailors the graduate experience to best suit the goals of the student.
Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship
- Annual stipend of $32,000 plus tuition for the first two years.
- Continued stipend and tuition support for years 3-5 from the academic department
- Community of support among local, regional and national B2D Fellows
- Research assistance from the Garden State LSAMP
- Participation in annual Garden State LSAMP Alliance Conference and Graduate showcase
Doctoral Programs in the Following Areas
- Behavioral and Neural Sciences
- Biological Sciences (joint program with NJIT)
- Environmental Sciences/Geology (joint program with NJIT)
- Mathematics (joint program with NJIT)
- Information Technology (joint program with Rutgers–New Brunswick)
- Physics (joint program with NJIT)
- Participation in LSAMP at an undergraduate institution
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field as well as being a first-time graduate student
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- 3.0 GPA
- Plans to pursue a doctoral degree in STEM
- Gain admission to a STEM graduate program
For more information, please contact Dr. Alexander Gates at email@example.com.
Apply for the Bridge to the Doctorate program by February 1, 2020.